Hi! How are you? Did you wake up today to a bright morning or to a cloudy rainy day? Regardless, I wish you inspiration to last the whole day through.
However, to be honest, it has been a rainy and cold morning for me. Because of that, I feel a bit flat as I am a type of person who is significantly influenced by the weather. Yet, I am determined to make each day the best as much as possible. Therefore, I am reminding myself of what Og Mandino has said –
Welcome every morning with a smile. Today will never happen again.
Indeed! Just instantaneously, this line just makes me realise how lucky I am to have been given another day. Each day is a gift and an opportunity. Let’s make the best out of it by being grateful for what we have rather than waste time being depressed focusing on missed requests and choices.
Meaning of Gratitude
Gratitude is a thankful appreciation for what an individual receives, whether tangible or intangible. With gratitude, people acknowledge the goodness in their lives. In the process, people usually recognize that the source of that goodness lies at least partially outside themselves. As a result, gratitude also helps people connect to something larger than themselves as individuals — whether to other people, nature, or a higher power. (www.health.harvard.edu)
In this regard, let me share with you some of my favourite quotes about gratefulness and how being thankful makes one happy.
10 Inspirational Quotes on Gratefulness and Happiness
- Happiness isn’t about getting what you want all the time. It is about loving what you have and being grateful for it.
It is not happy people who are thankful. It is thankful people who are happy.
- Be thankful for what you have, you will end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, You will never ever have enough. – Oprah Winfrey
- The happiest people don’t have the best of everything. They make the best out of everything they have.
- A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue but the parent of all other virtues. – Cicero
- Be thankful for the hard times for they have made you – tougher, stronger and better.
- I am thankful to those who said “no” to me. It’s because of them that I did it myself. – Albert Einstein
It is true that “A grateful heart is a joyful heart.“
- When you practice gratefulness, there is a sense of respect toward others. – Dalai Lama
- Count your blessings. Once you realize you are valuable, and how much you have, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence. – Og Mandino
Now, go on! Have a day full of gratitude, regardless of your mood, feelings and thoughts. Decide to be thankful today and see how magical your day will turn out to be.
Thanks for reading!
Read Related Posts: