Today I am highlighting 20 inspirational quotes from past US Presidents that are of value to all. After all, a leader is someone who inspires others, who leads by example and motivates people to be better and move forward no matter how hard the challenges might be.
Like these inspirational quotes from Abraham Lincoln about happiness:
- Most folks are happy as they make up their minds to be.
- In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.
- Whatever you are, be a good one.
Truly motivational aren’t they?
Furthermore, John F. Kennedy has always believed that each person is gifted. Hence, one should be courageous enough to find it and share it. Hence, he said:
- One person can make a difference, and everyone should try.
- Efforts and Courage are not enough without Purpose and Direction.
- Things just don’t happen. They are made to happen.
- Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.
- As we express gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
- Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.
Inspirational Quotes on Success
Therefore, how to succeed in life? Here are more quotable quotes from the great US leaders themselves:
- Ninety-nine percent of failures come from people who make excuses. – George Washington
- Try and fail, but don’t fail to try. – John Quincy Adams
- It’s amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit. – Harry S Truman
- It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed. – Theodore Roosevelt
- Be patient and calm; no one can catch a fish with anger. – Herbert Hoover
- Think about every problem, every challenge, we face. The solution to each starts with education. – George W. Bush
- The greatness comes not when things go always good for you, but the greatness comes when you are really tested, when you take some knocks, some disappointments when sadness comes; because only if you’ve been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain… Always give your best. Never get discouraged. Never be petty. Always remember: Others may hate you. But those who hate you don’t win, unless you hate them. And then, you destroy yourself. – Richard Nixon
Overall, we all do know how wisdom can inspire a person and the whole nation just like how these past US leaders did to the whole world. Thus, here are more motivational words on how we can acquire wisdom and be an inspiration to many:
- Honesty is the first chapter of the book wisdom. – Thomas Jefferson
- We must teach our children to resolve conflicts with words, not with weapons. – Bill Clinton
- It is sad that human identity is no longer defined by what one does, but by what one owns. But we’ve discovered that owning things and consuming things does not satisfy our longing for meaning. We’ve learned that piling up material goods cannot fill the emptiness of lives which have no confidence or purpose. – Jimmy Carter
- Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God. – Ronald Raegan
Be courageous. Stay inspired.
Read more posts:
- Tough Times Never Last, Take the Opportunity
- Be Yourself: Shine!
- Quotes on Courage and Determination
- Inspirational Quotes about Life Struggles and Success