Hi, blogging friends! First of all, I would like to sincerely apologise that I was not able to update my blog during the week. No matter how I try to motivate myself to write and try to focus, I just can’t. It is because my sister has been hospitalised for a week after feeling an unusual abdominal pain. She went through a CTScan. It has been found out that she has a tumour in the pancreas.
She is 15 years older than me and is around her golden years. Growing up, I always see her not as an elder sister but a dear friend and one of my moms. Being my nearest sibling, she helped me through a lot. She is one of the people who inspired me to dream and to reach my heart’s desires. Also, the woman who helped me through my depression as she would make it a point to call and message me to check on me daily during those times. In fact, she helped me get out of the trap when I was about to give up my life.
Now here I am, it should be my turn to extend the hand. And all I can do is pray for her and extend some financial support while we are miles apart. I and my family feel anxious at the moment how we will be able to supplement this financially, but we know we are all together with her in this ordeal. We will not give up on storming the heavens for her recovery and bright days ahead. We entrust everything in God’s hands.
There is a Reason for everything and we will accept whatever that comes along. We will view this life as an opportunity from the Great Provider. Thus, sharing with you all these bible verses from the book of Ecclesiastes reminding us about the reason for everything under the heavens.
Ecclesiastes 3: There Is a Reason For Everything
- To every thing there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
- A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
- A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
- A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
- A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
- A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
- A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
- A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
- What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?
- I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.
- He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.
- I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life.
- And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.
- I know that whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.
- That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.
- And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there.
- I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.
- I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.
- For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.
- All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
- Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?
- Wherefore I perceive that there is nothing better than that a man should rejoice in his own works; for that is his portion: for who shall bring him to see what shall be after him?
Thanks for reading my blog and for understanding my current state of mind. Please pray for my sister.