“Waiting” for my children is a very hard thing to do. Now I understand how it feels when you are just too excited for something!
When I was 13 years old, my very first international trip was a three-months vacation to China via Hongkong and Beijing. My motherland is the Philippines but my father used to work overseas in a mining company based in Shanxi Province in mainland China. One time, he took the privilege of bringing me and my mom with him.
That was the greatest gift I ever received that nothing can buy. The experience totally changed my life! Because of it, I learned to dream BIG dreams – to travel the world, to see far distant places and to experience new adventures.
My Great Desire Turned Reality
But the number one desire on my list is to someday be the one to bring my parents for a vacation to distant new lands.
Fast forward…the waiting is over! The day has come! Twenty years of great desire, and five years of planning – my turn to pay the bills and the experience. But worth all the wait and persistence… My friends, my heart is overjoyed! My Dad has arrived in Australia.
This year, my Dad stays with us for three months in Adelaide. Next year, it will be my Mom’s turn.
Why am I sharing this?
- I want to tell you all that EVERYTHING is indeed POSSIBLE if you have the courage, the patience and the persistence to make it come true. In time, when the time is perfect, no matter what the odds, your wish can turn into a reality. Believe me, twenty years can fly too fast if you have a dream. So Wish and Dream no matter what!
- To young parents out there, I tell you – “The experiences and quality time you give to your children will always take more room in their heart more than the things and possessions that you give them. So, instead of buying toys and presents for their birthday, how about saving up for something that may not be tangible but will leave footprints in their heart forever.”
- Set priorities. Declutter. In today’s world, where marketing, brands and material things are freely advertised everywhere, we easily get swayed into buying things we don’t need. It is quite easy to lose track of our focus, budget and priorities. If you have a roof over your head, able to eat regular meals and got a good education. You have everything you need. Others are extra. So, save them up for a new goal. When you have one aim, write it, stick to it and never be discouraged. It may take a while to make it happen, but it will come true if you never stop.
Thanks for reading. I hope I have given you enough golden nuggets from today’s post.
- To Build Wealth Over Time â€“ Give Thanks
- Dream No Matter What! Motivational Quotes on Dreams
- Light Bulb: Persistence
- How to be Happy in Life, 3 Steps